- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Cook until the sauce begins to boil.
- Once it begins to boil, remove it from the heat. Set aside 1 cup to serve along with the burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce with the egg, oats, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Add the ground beef and mix all together until evenly mixed. Shape ground beef into 6 patties.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 or 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes and baste with remaining barbecue sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes, basting one more time. Grill burgers to desired doneness.
- Serve with the reserved barbecue sauce and everyone's favorite burger toppings.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1 cup ketchup|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar|
|-||1/3 cup sugar|
|-||1/4 cup honey|
|-||1/4 cup molasses|
|-||2 teaspoons prepared mustard|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce|
|-||1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke|
|-||1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal|
|-||1/4 teaspoon onion salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon garlic salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 1/2 pounds ground beef|
|-||6 hamburger buns, toasted|