- In a saucepan on the stovetop, cook the syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt on medium heat until boiling; stir frequently.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the peanut butter; stir until the peanut butter is melted into the mixture.
- Add the Special K cereal and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and quickly stir into the mixture. They will begin to melt but they don't have to melt completely, just need to be mixed in evenly.
- Scoop out the cookie mixture and drop onto wax paper; allow to cool.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: Saucepan for cooking
|-||1 cup white corn syrup|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter|
|-||4 cups Special K cereal|
|-||3/4 cup chocolate chips|