- Brown the ground beef, onion, half the green pepper and half the red pepper over medium-high heat; drain grease.
- Reduce the heat; add the tomato soup, corn and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is all melted and blended in.
- Add half the cheese and the taco seasoning; stir until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and add the ground beef mixture. Spread out evenly.
- In a large bowl combine the thawed hashbrowns, remaining peppers, other half of the cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Spread the hashbrowns evenly on top of the ground beef mixture; press down slightly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||2 pounds ground beef|
|-||1/2 cup chopped onion|
|-||1 cup diced green peppers, divided|
|-||1 cup diced red peppers, divided|
|-||2 cans tomato soup|
|-||1 cup corn|
|-||6 ounces cream cheese|
|-||4 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese, divided|
|-||2 packages taco seasoning|
|-||1 package frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed (30 oz. pkg.)|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-|| shredded lettuce, sour cream, black olives, salsa and any other favorite taco fixings|