- Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.
- Prepare and bake the angel food cake as directed on the package; cool completely.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir to combine. Add the water and salt.
- Cook until mixture has thickened and is clear; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, zest and butter. Stir until butter has melted.
- Allow sauce to cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve sauce over a slice of angel food cake and add a dollop of whipped topping.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: Angel food cake pan
|-||1 angel food cake mix|
|-|| LEMON SAUCE:|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|-||1 cup water|
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh)|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon zest|
|-||2 tablespoons butter|
|-|| whipped topping|