- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Pop the popcorn and add it to a large bowl. Do not salt or butter the popcorn; set aside.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp of salt to a saucepan; melt together over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Preheat the oven to 300° F. while caramel is boiling.
- When done boiling pour over the popcorn and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Pour the caramel corn onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread out into an even layer and sprinkle with the remaining salt.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- When done, turn out onto a wax paper lined counter and separate into pieces. Allow to cool completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 30|
Cook Time: 30
|-||1/2 cup unpopped popcorn|
|-||1 cup salted butter|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1/3 cup light corn syrup|
|-||2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided|