- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Melt butter and marshmallows together either in the microwave or on the stove top until smooth. Stir often.
- When the marshmallows are melted and smooth, remove from the heat and add the Rice Krispies. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the buttered baking pan.
- With buttered hands, press the mixture evenly into the pan; press down firmly.
- Sprinkle the top with the Valentine's Day sprinkles. Gently press into the Rice Krispie bars.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, press firmly into the Rice Krispie bars to cut out the hearts. Remove from the cutter and place on a plate or some wax paper. You can use different size cookie cutters if desired. Place the cookie cutters in different directions to get as many hearts cut out as possible.
- Store in an air-tight container.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking pan
|-||1/4 cup butter |
|-||10 ounces marshmallows |
|-||6 cups Rice Krispie cereal|
|-|| Valentine's Day sprinkles|