- Cook the ditalini macaroni as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water; allow to drain completely.
- Chop the celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts and combine in a large mixing bowl. Add the minced dried onion.
- Add the package of coleslaw mix and the drained ditalini. Toss all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over the other ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour salad into a serving bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Container: Large mixing bowl
|-||8 ounces ditalini macaroni|
|-||2 celery ribs, finely chopped|
|-||1 cucumber (medium), finely chopped|
|-||1 green pepper (medium), finely chopped|
|-||1 can water chestnuts (8 oz. can) - drained, finely chopped|
|-||3 tablespoons dried minced onion|
|-||1 package coleslaw mix (14 oz. pkg.)|
|-||1 1/2 cups salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip)|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||1/4 cup cider vinegar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|