- Prepare two medium-sized baking sheets by lightly coating with butter and then set aside to use later.
- Lightly coat a small baking sheet with butter and spread the pecan halves and pieces on it in a single layer. In an oven preheated to 350° F., place the baking sheet of pecans in the oven for 5 minutes to toast them. Watch carefully so they do not scorch; remove and set aside.
- Melt the butter to a heavy saucepan over medium heat and then stir in the sugars. Add the cream and stir to mix well. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until boiling.
- After it comes to a full boil, turn heat down to medium-low and continue to cook until it reaches 236° F. on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage). This may take 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally throughout cooking time.
- Once it reaches 236°, remove it from the heat and add the toasted pecans and the bourbon. Stir to mix in bourbon and evenly coat the pecans.
- As quickly as possible, use a tablespoon to drop the pecans onto the buttered baking sheets.
- Once the pralines have cooled and set up, remove from the baking sheets and store in an airtight container.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|-||1 cup pecan halves|
|-||1/2 cup chopped pecans|
|-||1/4 cup butter|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||3/4 cup heavy whipping cream|
|-||1 tablespoon bourbon|