- Make up your pie crust and place it in the pie plate; flute edges and place in the refrigerator while preparing the pumpkin mix.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a small bowl. Stir to mix evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until well beaten but do not over mix.
- Add the pumpkin and sugar mixture to the eggs; stir until well mixed. Gradually add in the milk. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust. Bake at 425° F. for 15 minutes and then turn heat down to 350° F.; bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is firm. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing. Serve with a scoop of whipped topping.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9-inch pie plate
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||1 9-inch pie crust (homemade or store bought refrigerator crust)|
|-||3/4 cup sugar|
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground ginger|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz. can)|
|-||1 can evaporated milk|
|-|| Whipped topping|