- Prepare the cake according to the directions on the package. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well; beat for 3 minutes.
- Place the first cake layer on a cake plate. If the cake is domed on top, carefully slice off the domed section to create a flat top.
- Cover the top of the layer with a thick layer of frosting; smooth out evenly.
- Place the second layer on top of the first layer. Press down lightly and make sure edges line up with the first layer.
- Frost the sides and top of the cake, covering with an even coat of frosting. Smooth the sides and top.
- Decorate top and sides with gummy bears. Add candles as needed.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: Two 8-inch round cake pans
|-||1 package white cake mix|
|-||5 3/4 cups powdered sugar |
|-||1/2 cup milk |
|-||3/4 cup Crisco |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract |