- Preheat the grill. Coat the surface of the chicken legs with canola oil.
- Place the chicken legs on the preheated grill. Baste the legs with melted butter and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill the legs until they begin to brown on the first side. Turn and baste with butter again.
- Continue to grill and turn the legs as each side browns. Baste with melted butter after each turn.
- Once the legs are nicely browned, check for doneness. Poke with a fork and if juices run clear (not pink) they should be done. You can also check with a thermometer. It should read 175° F. when done and then be allowed to set for 10 to 15 minutes. The temperature should rise to 180° F. after setting.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-|| Chicken legs|
|-|| Canola oil|
|-|| Butter - melted|
|-|| Salt and pepper to taste|