- Prepare the baking pan by lining it with foil; then coat the foil with about a teaspoon for softened margarine.
- Arrange a layer of crackers on the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan, covering the entire surface.
- In a saucepan, add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 3/4 cup of butter. Boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it comes to a full boil, lower the heat so that it is at a low boil and cook for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and pour half the mixture over the layer of crackers in the baking pan; carefully spread out evenly.
- Add another layer of crackers on top of the caramel layer.
- Pour the remaining caramel mixture over the second layer of crackers; spread out evenly.
- Immediately add the chocolate chips on top of the second caramel layer. Sprinkle evenly throughout. Allow the chocolate chips to set for 5 minutes.
- Once the chips are soft and melted, spread them out over the caramel layer evenly.
- Loosely cover the bars and place in the refrigerator until the chocolate on top has set; cut into bars.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking pan
|-||1 teaspoon margarine |
|-|| Club crackers|
|-||1 can sweetened condensed milk |
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar |
|-||3 tablespoons light corn syrup |
|-||3/4 cup butter or margarine |
|-||1 cup milk chocolate chips |