- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay bacon on lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, add tomatoes, thyme and garlic with bacon drippings; toss until warmed through; season with salt and pepper. Crumble the bacon into bite-size pieces. Toss the bacon and tomato mixture with the pasta.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream. Pour over pasta and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce; toss again to coat. Serve.
|-||1 pound bacon - reserve drippings|
|-||12 ounces rotini pasta|
|-||1/2 cup milk |
|-||3 tomatoes - cut into chunks|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground thyme|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1/2 cup mayonnaise |
|-||1/4 cup sour cream |
|-||3 tablespoons chives - finely diced|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||5 cups romaine lettuce - chopped|