- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine the cake mix, melted butter, and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk; mix together well.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter on the bottom of the greased baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- When the first layer of bars are done, remove from the oven and pour the melted caramels evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and nuts (optional). Crumble the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||1 box yellow cake mix|
|-||3/4 cup butter, melted|
|-||1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|-||14 ounces caramels|
|-||1/3 cup evaporated milk|
|-||2 cups milk chocolate chips|
|-||1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)|