- Divide hamburger into 4 even sections. Form round patties from each section. Press your thumb in the middle of each hamburger to make an indent.
- Generously season each burger with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a grill pan or skillet on the stove. Place the burgers in the pan and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove burgers and cover loosely with foil; allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, butter the buns and toast each half in a pan on the stove until lightly browned.
- Serve the burgers with your favorite toppings.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1 pound ground beef |
|-|| salt and pepper - to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon butter or margarine |
|-||4 hamburger buns |