- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp. of cooking oil to a large skillet. Heat oil and then just brown the pork chops in the skillet (do not cook all the way through).
- Place the brown pork chops in a large baking dish. If you cannot get them all on one layer it is ok to stack a couple on top of the others.
- Sprinkle the Lipton onion soup mix over the pork chops. Then spread the two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup over the top.
- Drain grease from the pan that the pork chops were browned in and then pour 1/2 can of water into the pan. Scrape sides and bottom of the pan for browned areas created when browning the pork chops; pour this water into the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
- Take out of the oven and remove the foil. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the pork chops from the hot dish, scraping off the soup and gravy from the pork chops back into the baking dish.
- Stir the gravy mixture so that it is all well mixed and then place the pork chops back in with the gravy.
- Serve the pork chops and gravy with instant mashed potatoes or make homemade mashed potatoes.
|Container: Large baking dish|
|-||8 Pork chops|
|-|| Salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 package Lipton onion soup mix|
|-||2 cans cream of mushroom soup |
|-||1/2 can water |