- Grease the baking dish on the bottom and sides; set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet; drain grease. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato juice, tomato soup, butter, and sugar. Stir together and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- While sauce is simmering cook the rigatoni until al dente (still having a slight bite to it). Drain but do not rinse.
- Add half of the rigatoni to the bottom of the greased baking dish. Pour half the sauce over the rigatoni. Then sprinkle 1 cup of Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Repeat these layers.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and place in an oven preheated to 350° F. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||2 pounds ground beef |
|-||1/4 cup minced onion |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper |
|-||1 can tomato juice - 46 oz.|
|-||1 can tomato soup |
|-||1 tablespoon butter or margarine |
|-||3 tablespoons sugar |
|-||8 ounces rigatoni |
|-||2 cups shredded cheddar cheese |
|-||2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese |
|-||1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (more if desired)|