- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium skillet melt the margarine; when heated add the green peppers, and onion.
- Cook the peppers and onions for about 5 minutes or until tender; stir occasionally while cooking.
- Stir in broth, cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes and green chilies, and the shredded chicken. Stir together until evenly mixed.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces. Place one-third of the torn tortillas in the bottom of the greased baking dish. Then add one-third of the chicken mixture and one cup of cheese. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with cheese on the top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and your favorite Mexican fixings.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||1 tablespoon margarine |
|-||2 green bell pepper - medium|
|-||1/2 cup finely chopped onion|
|-||2 cans cream of mushroom soup |
|-||1 cup chicken broth|
|-||2 cans Rotel tomatoes & green chilies, undrained|
|-||4 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)|
|-||18 tortillas - 6-inch|
|-||3 cups Mexican cheese - shredded|