Note: If using smaller loaf pans be sure to reduce baking time. Watch for browning and then start checking with a toothpick. You may find that smaller loaf pans work better because in the large loaf pan the center seems to have a hard time getting done before the bottom is too done.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of the loaf pan(s).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the honey and applesauce; stir to mix evenly.
- Add the eggs and mashed bananas to the applesauce mixture. Stir all together until evenly mixed.
- Add the applesauce/banana mixture into the flour and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Container: 9 x 5 loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans
|-||2 cups whole wheat flour|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||3/4 cup honey|
|-||1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce|
|-||2 eggs, beaten|
|-||3 ripe bananas, mashed|