- Cook bacon until crisp and place on a paper towel lined plate for grease to drain. Do not drain grease from the pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bites size pieces. When bacon is done, cook the chicken in the bacon grease left in the pan.
- Add the garlic powder; and then add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to directions; drain and pour back into the pot.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the 9 x 13 baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- When pasta is done and back in pot, add the soup, 1 cup of cheese, and the chicken; stir to mix.
- Pour pasta and chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the bacon over the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is slightly browned.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||6 slices bacon |
|-||4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||16 ounces spiral pasta |
|-||2 cans cream of chicken soup |
|-||2 cups Colby Monterey Jack cheese |