- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Add the beer and onions to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the brats to the boiling mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and continue to cook the brats on medium heat for 12 more minutes.
- Remove the brats; turn down the heat to low and continue to cook the onions in the beer mixture.
Place the brats on the preheated grill. Cook until brats are nicely browned.
- Remove the brats from the grill and serve immediately. Drain the liquid from the cooked onions and serve them as a topping for the brats if desired.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: Large pot, such as a Dutch oven
|-||4 cans beer|
|-||1 onion - large, chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons red pepper flakes|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|