- Generously grease the sides and bottom of the muffin cups. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cut 1/4 cup butter into 1/2 cup brown sugar until the mixture is crumbly; stir in the rhubarb.
- Spoon this mixture into the greased muffin cups. Distribute evenly between the cups; set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the half the flour mixture and half the cream; mix well and then add the remaining flour mixture and cream. Beat until batter is well mixed.
- Pour the batter over the rhubarb mixture in the muffin cups, Fill about 3/4 full or no more than 1/4 inch from the top edge.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin and then turn out onto a serving tray so the rhubarb layer is on top.
- Serve warm. Top with whipped topping if desired.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: Muffin tin
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar |
|-||1/4 cup butter - cold|
|-||1 cup dice rhubarb - fresh|
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||1/3 cup butter - softened|
|-||1 egg |
|-||1 1/2 cups flour |
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||1/2 cup cream |
|-|| Whipped topping (optional)|