Note: The potato salad can be made up 1 to 2 days ahead of time and then be refrigerated until serving.
- Fry bacon, blot off excess grease with a paper towel, and then crumble into pieces; set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks, put in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until just tender when poked with a fork. Do not overcook! Drain well and allow to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking you can boil the eggs to make hard boiled eggs. When done cooking the eggs, drain and cover with cold water to cool them down.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, slice into thick pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Peel the eggs, rinse, and cut in half. Remove the yolk and place on a separate plate. Dice the egg whites and add to the potatoes. Mash the yolks slightly to eliminate chunks and then add to the potatoes and egg whites.
- Add the minced onions. Clean and slice radishes and add to the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salad dressing, mustard, and sugar; mix thoroughly and add to the potatoes and eggs.
- Stir dressing into other ingredients until everything is evenly coated; sprinkle lightly with Salad Supreme and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Taste test and adjust salad supreme, sugar, salt and pepper as needed for your personal taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
|Prep Time: 2 hours|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|-||1/2 pound bacon (add more if desired)|
|-||5 pounds potatoes |
|-||12 eggs |
|-||1 medium onion, minced|
|-|| radishes, sliced|
|-||1 jar salad dressing - 30 oz.|
|-||2 tablespoons Dijon mustard |
|-||3 tablespoons sugar |
|-|| Salad Supreme, to taste|
|-|| Salt and pepper to taste|