- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one baking sheet and line the other with waxed paper.
- Cream the eggs, sugar and oil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, baking soda, cocoa, apple sauce, and flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the two cookie sheets, divide evenly between the two.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Beat all the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the filling evenly on the layer of brownies without the waxed paper.
- Lift the second brownie from the cookie sheet using the waxed paper, carefully flip it over and place it on top of the filling layer.
- Press this layer down slightly so that the filling spreads out to the edges.
- Melt the butter, remove from the heat, and add the chocolate chips. Stir until chips are all melted.
Spread topping evenly over the top of the layered brownies.
- Chill the brownies in the refrigerator; cut into 2 x 3 bars (can cut smaller if desired).
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: Two 10 x 15 baking sheet.
Serving Size: 1
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil|
|-||1 1/2 cups sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/2 cup cocoa powder |
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||2 cups applesauce |
|-||2 Cool Whip - 8 oz. containers|
|-||8 ounces Cream Cheese|
|-||1 1/2 cups powdered sugar |
|-||5 tablespoons butter |
|-||1 package milk chocolate chips |