- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into quarters or a little smaller if potato is large. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil just until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Drain water and cut potatoes into thick slices.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. When butter is hot, add the sweet potatoes. You should use a pan large enough so the potatoes are not piled on top of each other too much.
- Fry the potatoes in the butter over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. If necessary you can add a little more butter as you are frying them. Salt and pepper the potatoes to taste if desired.
- Once they begin to brown, reduce the heat to medium-low or medium and sprinkle the brown sugar over the potatoes. Continue to fry until the potatoes are tender and glazed.
- Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||3 sweet potatoes - large|
|-||3 tablespoons butter |
|-||3 teaspoons brown sugar |