- Grease the entire inside of the Bundt cake pan; then dust evenly with the bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. You may have to beat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat each one in well before adding the next.
- Lightly spoon the flour into the measuring cup and combine it with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds in a separate bowl. Gently whisk these ingredients together.
- Add the blueberries in with the flour mixture; stir to coat blueberries.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon extract in a separate bowl.
- Starting with the flour mixture, add about a third to the creamed sugar and butter, alternating with half the buttermilk mixture and ending with the flour mixture.
- When all ingredients have be combined, pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove the cake from the pan. Allow to cool on the rack.
- Prepare the glaze by combining all the ingredients and whisking together. Drizzle glaze over the cake when it is still warm. Allow the cake to cool before cutting.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: Bundt cake pan
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons bread crumbs - plain|
|-||1 3/4 cups sugar |
|-||3/4 cup butter - softened|
|-||4 eggs |
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||1 tablespoon baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 tablespoon poppy seeds |
|-||1 1/2 cups blueberries - fresh|
|-||3/4 cup buttermilk |
|-||1/3 cup lemon juice - fresh|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1 teaspoon lemon extract |
|-||1 cup powdered sugar |
|-||1 tablespoon buttermilk |
|-||1 tablespoon lemon juice - fresh|