- Break fettuccine in half or thirds and cook as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 casserole dish by coating bottom and sides with butter or cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet until hot. Add the red pepper and asparagus; saute until just crisp tender.
- Add the Progresso Recipe Starter, cream, and garlic powder; stir together until well mixed.
- Add in the fettuccine, half of the French fried onions, and half of the cheese to the skillet; stir together and then pour into the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining French fried onions and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes to brown the French fried onions.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1 pound fettuccine |
|-||2 tablespoons butter |
|-||1 red pepper - diced|
|-||1 bunch asparagus - cut into 1-inch pieces|
|-||1 can Progresso Creamy Parmesan Basil Recipe Starter|
|-||1/2 cup cream (or half & half)|
|-||1 tablespoon garlic powder |
|-||1 can French fried onions|
|-||2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese |