- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Beat the cake mix, pudding mix, water, and egg whites together; beat for 1 minute on low. Beat another 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Check doneness by poking the cake in the middle with a toothpick, it should come out clean when the cake is done.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Pour the milk and almond extract in a bowl. Whisk in 1/3 of the pudding mix and allow to set for 1 minute; then whisk together until well mixed. Add the remaining pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pudding to stand for 15 minutes. After the pudding sits, fold in the whipped topping until evenly mixed into the pudding mix.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator when not being served.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 cake pan
|-||1 chocolate cake mix|
|-||1 package instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, small pkg.|
|-||3 egg whites |
|-||1 3/4 cups water |
|-||1 1/4 cups milk, 1% or fat-free|
|-||1/4 teaspoon almond extract |
|-||1 instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, small pkg.|
|-||8 ounces whipped topping, lite|