- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add all other ingredients except for the sauerkraut; mix with a fork until all ingredients are combined. Dough should be stiff enough so a dumpling holds it shape fairly well when you drop it from a spoon. If the dumpling spreads too much add a little more flour.
- Add the sauerkraut to a large skillet and heat it until bubbling.
- Turn it down to a simmer and then drop the dumpling dough from a large spoon by pushing it off with your finger. Make the dumplings any size you desire. Just know that the dumplings will almost double in size when they are cooked.
- Once all the dumplings are on the sauerkraut, cover the pan and cook at a simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the dumplings over, cover and simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the sauerkraut and dumplings together.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: Large skillet
|-||3 eggs |
|-||1/2 cup milk |
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 jar sauerkraut -32 oz.|