- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except for the corn flakes, butter and almonds; stir until evenly mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to the baking dish.
- Crush the cornflakes and stir in the melted butter; mix thoroughly and add the almonds. Sprinkle cornflakes and almonds over the top of the casserole.
- Place in a preheated oven uncovered and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This will let the sauce thicken a little before serving.
|Prep Time: .75 hours|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||3 cups diced cooked chicken (can use a rotisserie chicken to save time)|
|-||1 cup diced red bell pepper|
|-||1 cup sliced celery|
|-||1 cup mozzarella cheese |
|-||1 can cream of chicken soup |
|-||6 ounces plain yogurt |
|-||1/2 cup sour cream |
|-||1 tablespoon minced onion flakes|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon juice |
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper |
|-||1/4 cup crushed corn flakes |
|-||1 tablespoon margarine |
|-||1/4 cup sliced almonds |