- Peel and shred the potatoes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the butter and oil in the skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add the potatoes and spread out into an even layer; press with spatula to pack down.
- Sprinkle top with half of the salt and pepper. Allow potatoes to cook without stirring for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottom side is brown and crispy.
- Flip over by sliding out onto a plate, place another plate over it and flip it over onto the top plate. Then side the potato cake back into the skillet to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle second side with remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle the parsley flakes over the top evenly.
- Cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until the second side is crisp and nicely browned.
- Remove from the heat and side the potato cake out onto a platter. Cut into wedges to serve.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: Non-stick skillet
|-||2 tablespoons butter |
|-||2 tablespoons canola oil |
|-||2 potatoes - large|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/8 teaspoon pepper |
|-||1 tablespoon parsley flakes |