- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy; mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Gradually beat these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Place the candy canes in a small bag and pound until finely crushed. Pour into a small bowl.
- Take a piece of cooking dough and roll into a ball about 1 inch in diameter. Roll the ball in the crushed candy canes until coated; place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just starting to brown around the bottom edges.
- Press a candy cane kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove immediately to a cooling rack.
Note: If the candy kiss melts too much, try removing the cookies from the hot cookie sheet and placing them on a cool cookie sheet before adding the candy kiss. Then transfer to a cooling rack immediately.
- Allow candy cane kisses to harden completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: Cookie sheet
Serving Size: 1
|-||1 cup butter |
|-||1 cup sugar |
|-||1 egg |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||5 peppermint candy canes|
|-||48 candy cane kisses|