- Remove meat from the rotisserie chicken and shred. Refrigerate until ready to add to gumbo.
- Simmer sausage, celery, and garlic until sausage is cooked celery begins to soften.
- Add the rest of the broth, tomato juice, diced tomatoes, Rotel (diced tomatoes & green chilies), canned corn, onions, and peppers.
- Simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken and rice; simmer until rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is done, add the creole seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with crackers or you favorite bread.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||1 standard size cooked rotisserie chicken|
|-||1 pound sausage links or ground (pork or turkey sausage can be used)|
|-||4 stalks celery - chopped|
|-||2 tablespoons minced garlic - fresh or jarred|
|-||20 ounces beef or chicken broth|
|-||1 can tomato juice - 46 oz.|
|-||1 can diced tomatoes - 16 oz.|
|-||1 can Rotel - diced tomatoes & green chilies|
|-||1 can sweet corn|
|-||1 onion - medium|
|-||1 pepper - yellow or green (or half of each)|
|-||1 1/2 cups rice |
|-||2 - 3 tbsp. creole seasoning (depending on desired taste)|
|-||2 tablespoons sugar |
|-|| Salt and pepper to taste|