- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl and whisk to mix evenly; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix until evenly distributed.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until well blended; add milk and beat to blend in.
- Add the sprinkles and mix just until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop approximately a 1-inch ball of dough and drop on a cookie sheet. Place cookies about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass that has been dunked in sugar.
- Bake for approximately 7 to 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove and place on a rack to cool.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
|-||2 1/2 cups flour |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup butter|
|-||1 cup sugar - plus some for preparing cookies to bake|
|-||1 egg |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||2 tablespoons milk |
|-||1/2 cup colored sprinkles|