- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and then add the minced garlic; cook until tender.
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Continue to cook this mixture until lightly browned; stir constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking mixture until smooth.
- Continue to cook unit it comes to a boil; allow to boil until it thickens, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove the boiled mixture from the heat and add all of the cheese except for 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir until it is all melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until well mixed.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and the pour the pasta and cheese into the dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow to stand for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||1 pound penne pasta|
|-||3 tablespoons butter |
|-||4 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||3 tablespoons flour |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/8 teaspoon pepper |
|-||3 cups milk |
|-||5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese |
|-||1 cup Asiago cheese|