- Remove rolls from the freezer and place on a plate and let them thaw just until soft enough to cut with a scissor. (Should be thawed but still cold.)
- Grease the bottom and sides of your baking pan.
- Mix the lemon zest and sugar together; set aside.
- When rolls are thawed enough to cut, use a scissor and cut in half. Place the halved rolls in the bottom of the greased pan. Distribute the pieces evenly throughout the pan.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the rolls, making sure they all get coated. You will end up with most of the butter in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the rolls with 1/2 of the lemon zest and sugar mixture. Set the remaining aside.
- Cover with plastic and let rise to double in size.
- Once it has risen properly, remove the plastic and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest and sugar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the pull-aparts for approximately 25 minutes.
- When done, carefully remove them from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Mix up the glaze and drizzle over the pull-aparts while they are still warm.
- They can be served warm or you can allow them to cool first.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: bundt pan, deep-dish pizza pan, or 9 x 13 baking pan
|-||12 frozen dinner rolls|
|-|| Zest from 2 lemons|
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||1/4 cup butter or margarine - melted|
|-||1 cup powdered sugar |
|-||2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice |
|-||1 tablespoon butter or margarine - melted|