Note: This hash brown casserole can be all made up a day ahead of time and refrigerated or it can be frozen for longer storage.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, salt, sour cream, butter, and cheese together; stir until well mixed.
- Pour frozen hash browns into the baking dish and spoon the soup and cheese mixture over the hash browns.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the hash browns and then press it down into the hash browns the best you can without stirring. Smooth out the top when done.
- Mix the corn flake crumbs with the melted butter and then spread out evenly over the hash brown mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 minute
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||1 can cream of chicken soup |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||12 ounces sour cream |
|-||1/2 cup butter or margarine - melted|
|-||2 cups shredded cheddar cheese |
|-||1 package frozen hash browns - 2 lb. bag|
|-||2 cups corn flake crumbs - finely crushed|
|-||1/4 cup butter or margarine - melted|