- In a saucepan, add the water and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Add the jell-o and stir until dissolved. Pour this mixture into a 5 quart ice cream pail or container equal in size.
- Add the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and coconut rum.
- Stir to mix and then place the pail in the freezer until frozen.
- To serve, remove the slush from the freezer and allow it to stand at room temperature for 5 or 10 minutes to make it easier to scoop out the slush.
- Once it has softened enough to scoop, fill a glass half to two-thirds full of slush and then fill the rest of the way with Sprite or 7-up.
- Return the slush to the freezer and store there until you are already to use again.
|-||4 cups water |
|-||2 cups sugar |
|-||1 6 oz. pkg. of pineapple flavored Jell-o|
|-||1 pineapple juice - Large can|
|-||8 ounces lemon juice |
|-||2 cups Coconut Rum (such as Malibu)|
|-|| 7 Up or Sprite|