- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat and then add the onion. Cook onion until browned.
- Add in the pepper and garlic; cook an additional minute.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk to mix.
- Add the browned onion mixture, cheese, and beer; stir just until moistened.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and drizzle 1 tablespoon of melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then take out of the oven and drizzle the other tablespoon of melted butter over the top of the loaf.
- Put bake in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes. Loaf should be golden brown and a toothpick poked in the center should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before storing. (You can eat it when it is still a little warm but it won't slice as easily.)
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1 tablespoon oil|
|-||1/3 cup finely chopped onion|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper |
|-||1 clove garlic , minced|
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||3 tablespoons sugar |
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|-||1 can beer |
|-||2 tablespoons butter , melted and divided|