- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Press bread into dish, fitting as many slices as possible without layering.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, salt and rum extract.
- Pour over bread; cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove bread from refrigerator and allow to become room temperature.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- While bread is baking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and rum extract. Heat until sugar has dissolved and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in bananas. Cover until bread is finished baking.
- Cut bread into pieces and top with bananas mixture.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||1 loaf Brioche - sliced 1 inch thick|
|-||4 large eggs |
|-||1 1/2 cups milk |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||1 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
|-||1/4 cup sugar |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon rum extract|
|-||4 tablespoons butter |
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1 tablespoon rum extract|
|-||6 bananas - sliced|