- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain any fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned meat, onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir, replace cover, and bake for another 45 minutes.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 2 hours
|-||1 pound lean ground beef|
|-||1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|-||1 3/4 pounds cabbage, chopped|
|-||1/2 cup uncooked brown rice|
|-||1/2 can tomato sauce (29 ounce can)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-|| pepper to taste|
|-||1 can beef broth (14 ounce can)|