- Lemon curd filling: In a medium sauce pan, combine eggs, sugar, fresh lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest. Whisk constantly while cooking over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, and then turn heat to low and continue whisking. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the butter and immediately pour sauce through a strainer to remove any lumps. This recipe makes approximately 1 2/3 cups of lemon curd.
- Crust: Preheat the oven to 350Â°F and lightly butter a 9" spring form or tart pan.
- Sift together flour, salt and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the ground walnuts and beat in the cooled, melted butter and vanilla extract until thoroughly blended, forming a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan, using your fingers to spread it evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Pour a thin layer of the cooked lemon curd mixture into the cooled crust and return to oven, baking another 20 minutes, or until the filling is set and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Remove the outer ring of the pan, leaving the lemon tart on the pan bottom.
- To garnish the tart, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over the top or drizzle chocolate across the top. Transfer tart to a serving plate.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 inch spring form pan or tart pan
|-||3 large eggs|
|-||3/4 cup white granulated sugar|
|-||2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (do not used bottled juice), approximately 2 large lemons|
|-||1 lemon zested|
|-||3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces|
|-||1 cup flour, all-purpose|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 cup powered sugar|
|-||1/3 cup walnuts, ground|
|-||1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|