- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash potatoes and remove blemishes.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scrape the potato out of the skins and place in a mixing bowl; set skins aside.
- Mash potatoes and beat in the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper; beat until creamy.
- Fill the potato skins with the mashed potatoes and set them in a baking dish; cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking to serve, dot the top of the potatoes with butter and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake again at 350Â° for 30-60 minutes or until warm and slightly browned at edges; serve.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1.75 hours
|-||5 pounds russet potatoes|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese|
|-||12 ounces sour cream|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-|| Pepper to taste|
|-|| Shredded Colby Jack Cheese or cheese of choice|