- Cook the potatoes; then cool, peel, and dice.
- Hard boil the eggs; then cool, peel, and chop.
- Peel the onions and grate or chop fine.
- Dice the celery fine.
- Add the chopped potatoes, eggs, onions, and celery to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Blend together the salad dressing, vinegar, pickle relish, pimento, mustard, celery salt, and sugar; then pour this sauce over the potato mixture and toss.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate it for at least 1-2 hours for the flavors to blend properly. You may garnish the potato salad with olives and fresh sprigs of parsley for added flavor and color.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: large cooking pot, large serving bowl, medium mixing bowl
|-||6 russet potatoes, large - cooked, peeled, and diced|
|-||4 eggs - hardboiled, peeled, and chopped|
|-||2 onions, medium - peeled and grated|
|-||1 cup celery - diced|
|-||1 cup salad dressing|
|-||2 tablespoons cider vinegar|
|-||1/4 cup pickle relish (sweet)|
|-||1/4 cup pimento - diced|
|-||1 tablespoon prepared mustard|
|-||1 teaspoon celery salt|
|-||2 teaspoons sugar|
|-||1/3 cup stuffed green olives - chopped (optional)|
|-|| fresh parsley sprigs (optional)|