- Prepare the rice before starting the stir-fry process, so that it's ready to serve once the stir-fry is finished.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix until the cornstarch is dissolved. Set the sauce aside.
- Important: Prepare and pre-measure all of the ingredients before starting the stir-frying process. Make sure all the ingredients are within reach when you begin stir-frying.
- Combine the chicken, egg white, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- In the wok or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- When oil is properly heated, add the chicken mixture. Cook, stirring continually, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the wok or skillet and set aside. Drain the remaining oil except for two tablespoons.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook on medium-high heat for approximately one minute.
- Increase the heat to high and add the carrots and peppers, stir-frying for two minutes.
- Stir the sauce that was set aside and add it to the carrots and peppers. Stir continually until the sauce comes to a boil.
- Add the chicken and the remaining ingredients. Cook just until heated all the way through. Serve immediately atop a bed of rice.
|Prep Time: 1.5 hours|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: Wok or heavy skillet with high sides
|-||1/2 cup chicken broth|
|-||5 tablespoons soy sauce|
|-||4 teaspoons cornstarch|
|-||1 pound chicken, boned, skinned, cut into 1/2|
|-||1 egg white|
|-||1 teaspoon soy sauce|
|-||1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|-||1/2 cup oil|
|-||2 cloves crushed garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ginger|
|-||1 red pepper cut into strips|
|-|| carrots - amount comparable to strips of red pepper|
|-||1 can of sliced water chestnuts - drained|
|-||6 ounces Chinese peapods (or snow peas) - thawed|
|-||1/4 cup cashews|
|-||6 prepared rice servings|