- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces and combine it with the spinach.
- Toss in almonds, strawberries, and blueberries; set aside.
Note: Do not add all the dressing at once. Gradually add to the salad until it is coated as desired. The leftover dressing can be refrigerated for several days and used as a dressing for a regular toss salad.
- Mix sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt in blender.
- Add oil slowly and blend until thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds and process a few seconds to mix.
- Refrigerate the dressing until you are ready to serve the salad. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat evenly.
|Container: Large bowl for mixing|
|-||1 head romaine|
|-||2 cups spinach|
|-||1/2 cup almonds, sliced|
|-||1 cup strawberries, sliced|
|-||1/2 cup blueberries |
|-||1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||1/3 cup lemon juice|
|-||2 teaspoons onion, finely chopped|
|-||1 teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup oil|
|-||1 tablespoon poppy seed|