|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. |
2. Spray a 13x9" pan with oil.
3. Cut bread vertically into 8 (1"-thick") slices or enough to cover the pan bottom.
4. Mix together the sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle on bottom of pan.
5. Beat the eggs in a wide bowl and add half of the milk; add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
6. Soak half of the bread slices in mixture, one at a time, and then put into the pan. Make more egg mixture when this is gone, and repeat with the rest of the bread. Pour the remaining mixture on top of bread in the pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in middle comes out dry.
Note: Serve immediately with maple syrup or your favorite topping. This may be frozen in individual portions to serve later. Reheat in microwave.