- Arrange 8 slices of bread in a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been greased or coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread each slice with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs (or egg substitute), milk, 1/3 c. syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads at least 160 degrees.
- Serve with strawberries and remaining syrup.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||20 slices French bread (1 inch thick)|
|-||1 package cream cheese (fat-free can be used) (8 ounce pkg)|
|-||3 cups egg substitute or 1 dozen eggs|
|-||2 cups milk (2% or skim)|
|-||1/3 cup plus 1 3/4 cup Maple syrup (keep measurements separate, sugar free can be used)|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (or other fruit)|