- Divide pork into four portions and shape into patties about 3/4-inch thick, handling meat as little as possible.
- Sprinkle both sides of patties with seasoned pepper.
- Grill over direct heat over medium-hot fire 5 minutes per side, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Serve immediately on buns with favorite condiments.
* For regional burgers, top with:
Santa Fe Burger -- Fresh guacamole, spicy salsa and chile peppers. Serve open-faced on corn bread.
Georgia Burger -- Fresh peach slices and crispy strips of bacon. Serve on a honey-wheat roll.
Pacific Burger -- Sunflower seeds, grilled pineapple slice and honey Dijon-style mustard. Serve on sourdough bread.
*For international burgers, top with:
Caribbean Burger -- Mango slices, hot pepper sauce, slices of red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with olive oil.
Mediterranean Burger -- A mixture of plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and chopped cucumber. Serve in a pita bread pocket.
Italian Burger -- A dab of pesto and a mix of shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and provolone cheeses. Serve on focaccia.
Thai Burger -- A peanut sauce mixture made from peanut butter, hot pepper oil and a dash of soy sauce. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with hot pepper infused oil.
- Calories: 275 calories
- Protein: 26 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Sodium: 271 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 22 grams
- Fiber: 1 grams