1) In a skillet, cook skinless chicken breast strips and lightly coat with a teaspoon of basil pesto.
2) Once chicken strips are fully cooked, add the Alfredo sauce, artichokes with oil and the remainder of the basil pesto. Cook sauce mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
3) In a separate pot, boil the pasta of your choice until fully cooked.
4) Once pasta and sauce mixture are completely cooked, drain pasta and combine into one pot.
5) Plate pasta and finish by dicing up a nice Roma tomato just out of the refrigerator and sprinkle it over the top of your pasta.
-To save time, you can substitute skinless chicken breast strips for pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips. Also for the meat eaters, feel free to add more chicken and vegetarians, feel free to go without.
-Don't be afraid to go crazy with that basil pesto. Some Alfredo sauces are sweet or just taste like they're missing something, adding basil pesto gives it a vibrant flavor. Just remember to taste your sauce and use more or less at your discretion.
-Some wonderful pastas to cook with are cheese filled ravioli, three-cheese tortellini and bow tie pasta because cheese is good and bow ties are pretty.
-If you are making a lot or cooking for a small group and will have leftovers, you may want to skip step 4 and leave the pasta and sauce mixture separate and put it together on the plate. Sometimes pasta will soak up the sauce and I like to keep things juicy!